Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Groupon Review: Dazzling Café Singapore

I’m back! Wanted to post about my Taiwan and Beijing trips but I figured they will be pretty lengthy so decided to post this first.

Since I’m always buying coupons from Deal and Groupon, I’ll be posting reviews occasionally to let you guys know if it’s worth it or not. Just remember that I’m usually easily satisfied so if I say it’s good, please take it with a pinch of salt.

I was really happy when I came across the deal on Groupon (apparently it’s still on) as I’d heard so much about their popular honey toast and amazing ambience.

Immediately fell in love with the décor the minute I spotted the place.


So pretty! And don't ask me why but I like seeing silhouettes of girls like the one on their board so that attracted me even more.



These were the choices we were given from the Groupon deal.

The deal
  • 1 set meal (for 1 to 2 people) for $49.90 instead of $73.47
  • 2 set meals (for 2 to 3 people) for $94.90 instead of $146.94

Set meal includes

Main dish (choose 1 for 1-set meal option / 2 for 2-set meal option):
  • Truffle mushroom risotto with freshly shaved truffles
  • Bacon and mushroom fettuccine
  • Mushroom and zucchini fettuccine
  • Mentaiko spaghetti in cream sauce
  • Scallop and crabmeat spaghetti aglio olio
  • Spicy seafood tom yam tomato spaghetti
  • Pan seared duck breast spaghetti in orange mustard sauce
  • Black truffle and wild mushrooms spaghetti
Signature honey toast (choose 1 for 1-set meal option / 2 for 2-set meal option):
  • Party in your mouth honey toast
  • Banana chocolate honey toast
  • Matcha with azuki beans honey toast
  • Hazelnut chocolate honey toast
  • Cheddar cheese danish toast
  • Dazzling classic honey toast
  • Strawberry lover honey toast
  • Mango and coconut gelato honey toast
Drinks (choose 1 for 1-set meal option / 2 for 2-set meal option):
  • 1x cocktail
  • 2x non-alcoholic drinks



Iced Hazelnut Cocoa 

This was one of the best cocoa drinks I've had in recent times! The chocolate was thick and mixed really well with the hazelnut, way better than the ones I had at Cocoa Colony and Awfully Chocolate.

Normal price: $9


Iced Strawberry White Chocolate Mocha Latte


The BFF had this, the white chocolate was pretty thick as well. 

Normal price: $8


 Pan Seared Duck Breast Spaghetti

The duck was tasty and tender but I expected the orange mustard sauce to be more creamy than tangy so I did not really like this entire dish.

Normal price: $24.90



Hazelnut Chocolate Honey Toast

With hazelnut-filled cubes of toast under that huge chunk of cream, ice cream and chocolate sauce, this was really an indulgence, but it was so yummy! 

Normal price: $19.90


The thing is, I didn't read properly when I was buying the Groupon and thought it was $49.90 for 2 sets instead of just 1 so we were kinda surprised when we got there and realized it was for one set. Kinda expensive to be paying $49.90 for one person. However, after the shared meal both of us were full so no complains there. Total savings of $11.90 but like the BFF said, we could've gone there and ordered other things which might have come up to around the same price, without the limited options of the deal. 

I actually went to Dazzling Cafe Pink, its first store in Taipei, during my recent trip and wasn't very impressed with the decor.




It was similarly girlish like the Singapore one, but it looked a bit dull and worn out, perhaps because it's already 5 years old. And for some reason, Tweety Bird was all over the cafe. Felt like it just clashed with the sophisticated theme of the place. The prices were a lot cheaper and food quality was similar as well though.

Overall, the deal was pretty worth it as an opportunity to try the items Dazzling Cafe Singapore offer, but I wouldn't buy the Groupon again and if I do go back, it will probably just be for their drinks and toast.

Dazzling Cafe Singapore
15 Stamford Road, #01-85 Capitol Piazza, 178906
6384 3310
Mon- Sun: 12-10pm

No comments:

Post a Comment