Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Kdrama of the Moment: [Doctors]


I was feeling really crappy last night, probably due to not having slept the previous night and instead of doing what normal people would do and catch up on sleep, I decided to make myself feel happier by starting on a new kdrama and binge eating.

So many people have raved about [Doctors] so I was quite excited and the first episode did not fail me! I love it when I'm already familiar with the cast as opposed to slowly growing to like/dislike them after watching a few episodes and it definitely helped that I liked all 4 leads.

There’s Park Shin Hye (You’re Beautiful, The Heirs, Pinocchio), Kim Rae Won (Punch), Lee Sung Kyung (It’s Okay, It’s Love, Cheese in a Trap) and Yoon Gyun Sung (Pinnochio). I like the 2 girls more though.. PSH is just too awesome in this show!! In fact, I think she’s the main reason why I like it so much. She has more character in her pinky than Song Hye Kyo had in DOTS (Yes, I did not think that show was that fantastic).

She beat up 3 groups of people in the first episode alone, out of which 2 of those groups were some other catty girls. That girl can fight, she kicked their asses in a club, something I always wanted to do when I was younger. Kinda. The point is, THAT GIRL CAN FIGHT. She made me wanna go learn MMA, or at least go for my Bodycombat class.

I’m assuming that they are showing the backstory in these first few episodes and she’s the rebellious student who’s hurting inside coz mummy died and daddy can’t take her antics anymore. She gets sent off to grandma, who is pretty badass herself (in a really charming way).

I’m still on the fence about the romance with Kim Rae Won, given their student-teacher relationship in the show, but I like their interactions so far and am guessing he’ll probably teach her to be a better person and all that.

Hopefully the rest of the drama delivers and gives me a good plot to get lost in.



No comments:

Post a Comment