Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Restaurant Week Review: Montreux Jazz Café

I suggested this place as one of our choices for this installment of Restaurant Week coz the BF loves jazz! Only when we were about to head there did we realise that it was actually located at Pan Pacific Orchard.


Their menu was very creative; resembling a concert schedule.

The Soup of the Day was Spiced Carrot, which didn’t sound very enticing, so I had the Fried Calamari while he had the Apple, Walnut and Brie Salad.

 Fried Calamari

Apple, Walnut and Brie Salad

The calamari was tasty and not too oily; I just didn’t like the little bits of chilli flakes on it. But it wasn’t really spicy so it was alright. He liked his salad though the sauce was abit too tangy for my liking. They gave two slices of brie, which I felt was pretty generous.

Herbie

Their cocktail names are also related to jazz and he ordered a Herbie ($18) for the whisky base, but it was unremarkable. 

Braised Wagyu Beef Boneless Short Rib

We both had the Braised Wagyu Beef Boneless Short Rib and the beef was to-die-for! It was served in the form of 3 chunky pieces and was so tender that it fell apart perfectly upon chewing. Thinking about it now just makes me salivate!

 Mango Passion Fruit Cremeux 

Spicy Dark Chocolate

I was tempted to take the Spicy Dark Chocolate for dessert, but I was afraid the spiciness might be too much for me so I took the Mango Passion Fruit Cremeux instead. The coconut ice cream fused well with the mango passion fruit mousse and it was very refreshing, a good end to the meal! The shape of the dark chocolate mousse made it look quite unappealing, however the small scoop I tried was actually quite rich and wasn't spicy at all! He did say some portions were spicy though.

The jazz band started to play at 8pm and he got so cutely excited when he realised the drummer was Erik Hargrove (apparently some famous drummer lol). So for those of you who like jazz, I'm sure you will appreciate the food and music here.

The Restaurant Week menu items were not listed in their normal menu, but a 3-course meal would cost about $54 using the cheapest items in their menu so I’d say that coming here for Restaurant Week is definitely worth it if you wanna check the place out. If you can’t wait for the next Restaurant Week, you can make a booking via Chope and earn $$$ while you dine!

Montreux Jazz Café 
10 Claymore Road, #01-02, Pan Pacific Orchard, Pan Pacific Orchard, 229540 
6733 0091
Mon - Fri: 12pm - 3pm, 6pm - 11pm

No comments:

Post a Comment