Sunday, February 26, 2017

When the Phone Dies..

As most of you already know, I'm quite heavily reliant on my mobile phone. This evening, my hp battery died and my life came crashing down as well.

"What am I gonna do on the bus?" (I thought of ways to revive my phone during the bus journey.)
"I can't reflect on my life, that's what I do just when I decide I'm gonna try to sleep."
"How am I going to listen to music when I run?" (I said the rosary while running. Yeah, you read that right. It actually kinda helped me to focus.)
"I should call an Uber, but wait, I can't.."
"How am I supposed to tell the time???" (Somewhere along the way I realized I actually had a watch in my bag. Lol.)

I almost wanted to take a cab home just to charge my phone, but I decided not to let a little gadget take over my life and head to the gym, as originally planned. The moment I reached the gym, I asked the nice people at the True Fitness counter to help me charge my phone with my cable. Ask and you shall receive, right?

An hour later, I excitedly went to retrieve my phone from the counter and was DEVASTATED when I realized it did not charge AT ALL. (Lesson learnt; do not buy fake cables.) I went to Coffee Bean and they reluctantly lent me a cable head to charge my phone but it STILL didn't work thanks to the damn cable! It was 3 hours without my phone and I was on the verge of having an anxiety attack.

I looked up in desperation, saw 2 girls afew tables away keeping their cables and felt a glimmer of hope. After I squinted for awhile and received confirmation that they were using iPhones, I went over and explained my pitiful situation to them and they kindly lent me a cable.

After ten minutes, my phone was still not starting up and I started to say my prayers. I wondered who the patron saint of technology was. Just when I was about to give up, I saw the bright light shine and can I just say I've never been so happy to see an apple before?

So here I am now. And that, my friends, is the story of how I survived 4 waking hours without using my phone.

P.S. This was actually a very long fb post of mine, but I took so long to write it that I decided it deserved a spot in this blog. Plus, I've been kinda busy lazy to update so this is to compensate!

No comments:

Post a Comment