Thursday, October 22, 2015

Agent Provocateur

A few days ago I came across this article. To summarise, women are actually PAYING for another woman to seduce their husbands so that the husbands will leave their mistresses. Just how screwed up is that? There’s even a term for these paid “agents”; honey trappers.

I was kinda stunned after I read the article, because I actually read a book about a honey trapper many, many years back and I thought honey trapping was totally fictitious! 


It was about a woman who was so sure her husband wouldn’t cheat on her that she made a bet with a honey trapper to try and seduce him. The thing is, she tells the honey trapper everything about her husband, including his likes and dislikes, so that the honey trapper can tweak herself accordingly to seem like the husband’s dream woman. Needless to say, the honey trapper fell in love with the husband that she was supposed to seduce. It was twisted but intriguing, really. Spoiler alert, the husband did not cheat, surprisingly. But then again, it’s called fiction for a reason. Sorry, I know I’m being cynical but guys people nowadays seem to take marriage so lightly I wonder why they even bother getting married.

I guess the growing trend of hiring these honey trappers is a good thing for women overall though. At least wives will find out when husbands are unfaithful and guys who hear about this may be more afraid to cheat.  Of course, it says a lot about you if you have to hear about this to be afraid to cheat la. One thing I just can’t understand is the women who hire the honey trappers to get their husbands to break up with the mistress. If you know he’s cheating, why not just leave?

After reading the article, I went to search more on honey trappers and found this other article, which was a little similar to the book, just that the ending was a lot more realistic.

The girl already found out that he was a cheater and that should have been it. End of story. BUT NO, she had to call him and get ‘worried’ that he wasn’t replying and even begged him to reply. Seriously? I understand some people do get blinded by love and all but if it’s to this extent it’s just pure stupidity.

I don't want to start ranting about how some people have a lack of conscience because it will just get super lengthy. Of course, I do still believe there are good people around. But there seems to be a lot of temptation out there these days too. So the next time any of you are tempted to cheat, just remember, the third party may have actually been hired by your very own partner.

No comments:

Post a Comment