Monday, October 26, 2015

[Our Times 我的少女时代] fangirl post


Went to watch [Our Times] over the weekend and it was SO GOOD! Yeah yeah.. It was a nostalgic rom-com with a 90’s throwback, it was funny, it was heart-wrenching, but the main reason why I liked it? 

Darren Wang Da Lu!

Honestly, I didn’t even know who he was before this movie but now I know he’s my future husband (those of you who watched the show will get the reference)! The moment he appeared on screen I was transported right back to my teenage years when I was crazy about ah bengs.

People always used to ask me why I liked ah bengs and my reply was always, “The hair.” I don’t know why but I have a thing for floppy dyed longish hair. The idols I was crazy about throughout the years all had floppy hair!


Vanness Wu


Joe Cheng

 Mike He

 Lee Hong Ki

 Lee Seung Gi

Actually.. Almost all Korean actors.


Doesn’t Darren Wang look so good with this hairstyle? Couple that with his manly demeanor and cheeky smile.. *swoon*

It's really about the hairstyle though. Compare that with this..

meh.

Anyway, before you guys write the show off as some chick flick and decide not to watch it, Song Yu Hua from [Café Waiting Love] is also in the movie!


The plot might be a typical girl-meets-bad-boy-with-sad-past-and-turns-him-good plot but the execution of the story and script were really good. This show has been compared extensively to [You are the Apple of my Eye] but I felt that this was wayyy better. Some of my guy friends even watched it more than once. I’m easily satisfied when it comes to movies but trust me on this one! 

No comments:

Post a Comment